At Parrish Academy the health and safety of our students and staff is very important. We are taking many steps to keep you and your family safe such as providing safe distancing, regular disinfecting, hand sanitizing stations, temperature checks, protective equipment and more. However it is the responsibility of everyone to do their part in order to eliminate exposure to COVID-19. Please read the following info to see Parrish Academy school safety guidelines, what we are doing to protect you and the expectations for everyone who enters the office and school.
Secure your face mask around your ears or at the back of your head. Do not wear your face mask under your nose or mouth.
We are practicing social distancing to protect our students and staff.
We require hand washing to prevent infections and eliminate germs. We provide several hand sanitizing stations and we encourage hand washing when at home or out and about.
To limit the exposure to COVID-19 we ask all staff and students to:
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands regularly
- Stay 6 feet from others
- Wear a N95 or KN95 face mask
When entering the office and school:
- You must have the bottom of your shoes sprayed with alcohol or disinfectant spray
- You must use hand sanitizer
- You must have your temperature checked and recorded by staff
- You may be required to complete a questionnaire
- You must use the bathrooms located in the halls which are cleaned and disinfected regularly
- You must observe all room occupancy limits
- You must wear a face mask at all times
Follow proper hygiene:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds including in between fingers, back of hand and fingernails
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Stay at home for the following reasons:
- You have been exposed to COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
For more information about how to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19 please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.